Hamburgers

27 Mar

Ok – I will now test the waters on my new blog to see if people will actually post on it. The question I will pose to my friends is where is the best place to get a hamburger in town??

My top picks:

1. Sobelmans – little bar over on St. Paul, always a line but worth it. Best bun in town in my opinion. While you’re there make sure to stop in BBC Lighting. Yes, a lighting store, but oh so much more.

2. Elsa’s – mmm, an Elsa’s burger. My friends who used to live here and now live in Scottsdale always make this a stop when they’re in town since they get cravings for an Elsa’s burger. Tip: ask for a side of blue cheese dressing to go with the fries. You will not be disappointed.

3. Hoolie Burger – classic Milwaukee bar/restaurant on North Ave. If you want to catch some sports while you’re dining, this is the perfect place.

Curious if other’s have better picks.

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Hamburgers”

1. Chris Jacobs March 27, 2011 at 8:43 pm #

Wicked Hop. They use a real flame on the grill. Also like their chicken for the same reason.

2. b ganther March 27, 2011 at 8:51 pm #

ordering a burger at a Mexican joint is not usually recommended. but I nominate the corazon burger at cafe corazon in riverwest as the best burger in Milwaukee.

3. hjuhnke March 27, 2011 at 10:18 pm #

Nothing fancy about it, but the heartstopping burgers at Solly’s. Just turn your head when you them going for the butter. It’s better for you not to see how much is used.

4. upperlayer March 27, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

George Webb’s. J/K. I’m not a big burger person, but I have tried some of someone else’s at Soblemans and it was delicious.

5. andy brawner March 28, 2011 at 8:28 pm #

The burger au poivre at Elsa’s is so surprising as to be almost alarming. I mean that in a totally good way and am not implying it is an adventurous burger. I’m just saying it’s alarming how good it is. Disturbing, even.

Honorable mention to the Portland slider at Harry’s. It is neither consistent nor alarming, but it does come with an egg on it, and that’s pretty cool.

6. Chris Buhrman March 29, 2011 at 10:30 pm #

Pretty hard to beat a Kopp’s cheeseburger.

7. JD December 4, 2012 at 3:19 pm #

The Sobleman burger is a slam dunk. It should be on the state flag.

A distant but equally delicious second is Oscars. The head chef left Sobleman a few years back and started his own beer and burger paradise. Tasty eats, no doubt.

I haven’t tried AJ bombers yet, but they’re on the list. As is Solly’s (“…a heart attack in a box” I heard one person say). What a great city!